Friday, June 5, 2009

Calling Dr. Love....

Hello fans,
It's been long time since my last post, but as you will see, a lot has been going on. I'm sure you want to hear the facts about the trip I took to the hospital. Celebrity gossip being what it is, I figured I better set the record straight.

Last Saturday I noticed a new beauty mark on my upper lip. Well folks, that beauty mark kept growing until it was not so beautifying. On Sunday, it was beginning to interfere with my handsomeness, and on Monday it was downright ugly. So naturally I went into hiding, only venturing out to the Doctor first thing Tuesday morning, who sent me straight to the hospital. Though I tried to stay out of the media, the paparazzi did capture this photo...As you can see, the swelling made my right cheek very hard and VERY painful. The Parents were especially concerned because the redness went up to my eye. I do have nice eyes, but I was mostly frustrated because I couldn't flash my winning smile at those foxy nurses.

But not for long! Once I was admitted, they tortured me by getting a lot of green, globby stuff out of my upper lip, then they stuck a needle in my hand to give me antibiotics. Modern medicine is amazing. Before the day was out I was able to smile again, especially when one of my groupie nurses led me to what they call the "playroom." There was a music area in back, so naturally I worked out a few of my jams.


The doctor did tests and stuff and said that I had a staph infection. But it was just a regular staph infection, and not a big scary one. Since I am responding so well to the antibiotics, after two nights in the hospital, they let me go home on Thursday afternoon. The Mom or Dad has to give me cherry tasting medicine four times a day for a week. And they are craziliy cleaning and disinfecting everything around the apartment. How did I get such an infection, you ask?
Who knows?!

But I am very thankful to all of you who prayed for me and were thinking about me. The parents were scared for a minute. Everyone kept reminding them that all the blood vessels in the face go into the brain, and that the infection could go there to...you can imagine how that went down. So thanks for your concern. And thanks to the foxy ladies at Emergency Skills, who covered for the Mom on their busiest day of the year. I got to flirt with them last week. Don't worry ladies...I'll be back. Here are a few other foxes that I've been hanging around with...
This is Cynthia and Courtney, and they came to see me with one of my favorite ladies, Robin, last Saturday (that was when my beauty mark was still beautiful, as you can see). And congratulations to Courtney on her dance scholarship this summer! (Maybe you can be one of my dancers on my next tour?)
And this is The Mom...my favorite lady (okay, she made me write that, but why not? She's been through a lot this week.) And the next two are pics of my cousin, Marin.
See the look I'm giving her? That's how I work my magic. Watch and learn, fellas....
(Marin says, "Is he always like this?)

And this is another picture of me with Belle, my love. Yeah baby!
You can see by the look on Belle's face the effect I have on the babes. They can't stay away...who can blame them?

Thanks again everyone.
Peace,
Rory

1 comment:

  1. Rory I'm so glad you're back home. Not because I was worried about you, killuh! I know it takes a lot more than a little infection to keep a good man down. But for your poor mama who almost fainted. You're used to making women faint, but not like that! Damn..

    ReplyDelete