Saturday, May 2, 2009

More Roar Lore...

Hello everyone,
Lots of "Firsts" for me since my last post.
The first of my firsts: Swinging! People, I am ready for swinging at a professional level. I don't mean to brag, it's just the truth. Perhaps the doggy bib created some superior wind velocity. No, it didn't. I was just trying to be modest. The second of my firsts was being dedicated at church in Baltimore. The pastor prayed for me, then he commissioned my family and friends to grow me up knowing about Jesus and how to act right. Stuff like that. A bunch of my Dad's family came and the pastor held me up over his head for everyone to see. That's when I cried. But, now that I'm a dedicated Christian baby, I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude, as you can see in this picture on that day with Robin. She makes me smile!The third of my firsts was a trip to Times Square with my Grandma, who came up to visit me the following weekend. I'd never been to Times Square, but I'd heard about someone called "The Naked Cowboy" who stands around in his underwear and people give him money. So, what's not to lose? Since it was my hottest day (another first) I asked Grandma to take off my pants. Besides, I'm very fond of my legs, as you well know.
The fourth of my firsts: I wore a bathrobe! Not exactly a milestone, but pretty noteworthy considering how it shows off my handsome physique. Granted, it SAYS it's for someone who is 6 months old, but I don't know WHAT my parents were waiting for?
The fifth of my firsts: my first date with Belle! She's darling. Our mother's were doing so much talking that I knew I had to fight to get a word in. So I decided to impress her with my James Brown impression. You can see from her appropriately amazed expression what a hit I was! Eat your heart out, ladies.
A sixth first: I have become a Master of the Art of Rolling Over. I don't have a picture for this, but I promise to upload a video one day soon so you can all study my technique. Just email me if you need tips in the meantime.
And my seventh and final "first" isn't really a first, but, whatever. My top two teeth came it! I'm still very protective of them, so please, no paparazzi yet. But soon I'll be ready to give my public a glimpse of my two new pearly whites.

I hope you all are having lots of firsts today!
Love,
Rory C.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you dressed him like the naked cowboy!
    With thighs like Rory's, the first time in a short bathrobe is very worthy of documentation.

    ReplyDelete