Saturday, October 11, 2008

Waterworks!

This morning at 4:41am I awakened to the strangest sensation I have ever experienced. As I my sleep-fog cleared and I realized that I hadn't been strattling an open fire hydrant, I began shaking Rick awake - no easy task as a gig in Long Island kept him up until 2:30am. Finally he awoke, by then I'd turned the light on, and I said, "I think my water just broke" ... "fer real?" was his memorable reply. (We have these kind of fascinating exchanges in times like this) Of course there was no doubt in either of our minds as I stood up and we surveyed the water damage to my side of the bed while a second flood drenched the floor where I was standing.

So, long story saved for later, here I am at the hospital, 1¹hours later, FINALLY enjoying the supreme wonder of the epidural ((after having many more hours of contractions than wimpy me had hoped for) just waiting for my body to do all those things it must. And writing this from my iPhone to pass the time. Check back soon!!!!!

Posted by ShoZu

No comments: